29. LEAP-YEAR. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. LAM. 3:22, 23. If, under means of grace, No fruits of grace appear,
28. If thou, Lord, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand? PSA. 130:3. Great God, should thine all-seeing eye, And thine impartial hand, Mark and revenge iniquity, No mortal flesh could stand. But there is forgiveness with thee, that
27. Like as a father pitieth his children, so the Lord pitieth them that fear him; for he knoweth our frame, he remembereth that we are dust. PSA. 103: 13, 14. The pity of the Lord, To those who fear
26. God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 THESS. 5:9. Be all my heart and all my days Devoted to my Savior’s praise; And let my glad obedience prove How
25. He shall deliver thee in six troubles; yea in seven there shall no evil touch thee. JOB. 5:19. In the furnace God may prove thee, Thence to bring thee forth more bright, But can never cease to love thee, Thou
24. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. JAS. 5:16. Prayer an answer will obtain, Though the Lord a while delay; None shall seek his name in vain. None be empty sent away. Pray one for another.
23. I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of
22. I have blotted out, as a thick cloud, thy transgressions, and as a cloud, thy sins: return unto me, for I have redeemed thee. ISA. 44:22. Blest is the man, forever blest, Whose guilt is pardoned by his God;
21. The Lord is very pitiful. and of tender mercy. JAS. 5:11. Trials must and will befall; But, with humble faith, to see Love inscribed upon them all- This is happiness to me. Take, my brethren, the prophets, who have
19. Who is among you that feareth the Lord, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness, and hath no light? Let him trust in the name of the Lord, and stay upon his God. ISA. 50:10.