20. Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation. HEB. 9:28. It cost him death to save our lives. To buy
16. The beloved of the Lord shall dwell in safety by him, and the Lord shall cover him all the day long. DEUT. 33:12. As the bird beneath her feathers Guards the objects of her care, So the Lord His
15. I will look unto the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation; my God will hear me. MIC. 7:7. When I am filled with sore distress For some surprising sin, I’ll plead thy perfect righteousness, And
14. When I sit in darkness, the Lord shall be a light unto me. MIC. 7:8. Though dark be my way, since he is my guide, ‘T is mine to obey, ‘t is his to provide; Though cisterns be broken,
13. The Lord is good, his mercy is everlasting, and his truth endureth to all generations. PSA. 100: 5. Wide as the world is thy command, Vast as eternity thy love; Firm as a rock thy truth stand, When rolling
6. Blessed are the meek; for they shall inherit the earth. MATT. 5:5. Blest are the meek who stand afar From rage and passion, noise and war; God will secure their happy state, And plead their cause against the great.
5. Blessed are they that mourn; for they shall be comforted. MATT. 5:4. Blest are the men of broken heart Who mourn for sin with inward smart; The blood of Christ divinely flows, A healing balm for all their woes.
4. Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. MATT. 5:3. Blest are the humble souls that see Their emptiness and poverty: Treasures of grace to them are given, And crowns of joy laid up
3. The meek will he guide in judgement, and the meek will he teach his way. PSA. 25:9. Oh that the Lord would guide my ways To keep his statutes still; Oh that my God would grant me grace To
2. The Lord will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. PSA. 9:9. Other refuge have I none, Hangs my only hope on thee; Leave, oh, leave me not alone, Still support and comfort me.