18. I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. EPH. 2: 13.
Friend of the friendless and the faint, Where shall I lodge my deep complaint? Where but with thee, whose open door Invites the helpless and the poor?
O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee. PSA. 63: 1.
19. The meek shall increase their joy in the Lord. ISA. 29: 19.
When Christ by faith is present, The sinner’s troubles cease; His ways are truly pleasant, And all his paths are peace.
The Lord lifteth up the meek: he casteth the wicked down to the ground. PSA. 147: 6.
20. He shall never suffer the righteous to be moved. PSA. 55: 22.
Dear Savior, let us never be, Before the world ashamed of thee, Nor shrink from duty’s call: Our work to do thee service here,
Where thou art all in all.
He that is righteous let him be righteous still; and he that is holy, let him be holy still. REV. 22: 11.
21. Let not your heart be troubled; ye believe in God, believe also in me. JOHN 14: 1.
Jesus hear our humble prayer;
Tender Shepherd of thy sheep,
Let thy mercy and thy care All our souls in safety keep.
The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. PSA. 46: 11.
22. I wait for the Lord, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope. PSA. 130:5.
Lord Jesus, help me now to flee And seek my hope alone in Thee;Apply thy blood, thy Spirit give, Subdue my sin and let me live.
Bring forth, therefore fruits meet for repentance. MATT. 3: 8.
23. Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise. MIC. 7: 8.
Let the fainting soul be cheerful,
Let the timed now be brave;
Why should they be faint or fearful,
Whom the Lord delights to save?
Whom he rescues,
Satan can no more enslave.
Lord, lift thou up the light of thy countenance upon us. PSA. 4: 6.