8. The expectation of the poor shall not perish for ever. PSA.9:18.
A certain refuge Christ will prove
For all the poor oppressed;
To save the people of his love,
And give the weary rest.
The poor man cried, and the Lord heard him, and saved him out of all his trouble. PSA.34:6.
9. In thy presence is fullness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for ever more. PSA.16:11.
What sinners value I resign;
Lord, ‘t ids enough if thou art mine;
I shall behold thy blissful face,
And stand complete in righteousness.
To me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. PHIL.1:21.
10. The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer. PSA.18:2.
Thee will I love, O Lord, my strength,
My rock, my tower, my high defence;
Thy mighty arm shall be my trust,
For I have found salvation thence.
Boast not Thyself of to-morrow;
for thou know-est not what a day may bring forth. PROV.27:1.
11. Thou wilt save the afflicted people. PSA.18:27.
Just in the last distressing hour
The Lord displays delivering power:
The mount of danger is the place
Where we shall see surprising grace.
Lord, save us; we perish. MATT,8:25.
12. The Lord is my strength. HAB>3:19.
Though pressed, we will not yield,
But shall prevail at length;
Christ is our sun and shield;
Our righteousness and strength.
Although the fig-tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labor of the olive shall fail, and all the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. HAB.3:17,18.